McBarron Book Company agrees on providing discount to our members on book purchase. Members will get at least 2.5% discount on original price. Depending on the number of books purchased, further discount may be possible. Individual members of the College need to identify your status under HKCPaed by providing his/ her name and membership/ fellowship number to McBarron Book Company for future verification. If you are interested in a particular book(s), please contact Ms Alice Lee from McBarron Book Company, Tel no. 27823210/ 90348662.
Below is a list of books recommended by the Editors
Forfar & Arneil's Textbook of Pediatrics, 2003
- the reference text for Paediatrics.
Krugman's Infectious Diseases of Children, 2004
- up-to-date reference text for important infectious diseases, easy to read and user friendly.
Assisted Ventilation of the Neonate, 2003
- good reference for someone who works in NICU, various chapters on the different modes of ventilation.
Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, 2004 (HK$
- another major reference text for Paediatrics
The 5-minute Pediatric Consult, 2003 (HK$
- deals with common conditions, disease based approach
Pediatric Hospital Medicine, 2003 (HK$
- deals with in-patient management of common Paediatrics conditions and emergencies.
Color Atlas of Pediatric Dermatology, 1998
- plenty of pictures on all skin disorders of neonates, infants and children. Each picture is coupled with a brief summary of the condition.
Handbook of Paediatric Investigations, 2001
- simple guide on investigations available for all Paediatric conditions, presenting symptom based approach. Easy to read, this book provides answer to the commonly asked questions: "what investigation is needed", "how is this test done".