Overseas Membership and Fellowship
Eligibility, Rights and Responsibilities
- Fellows or Members who stay away from Hong Kong may apply for Overseas
Fellowship or Membership.
- Overseas Fellows or Members may enjoy 50% reduction in subscription fees.
- Overseas Fellows or Members must change back to local Membership or Fellowship
upon return to Hong Kong for 3 months or more.
- Overseas Fellows or Members will have the right to receive journals of
the College, newsletter and annual report; to use College facilities in HKAM
and to attend College meetings during their visits to Hong Kong.
- Overseas Fellows have the right to vote.
- They will not receive local correspondences.
- Yearly submission of documentary proof of fulfillment of CME requirement
in their country of residence is required. This requirement is subject to
amendment when further guidelines on CME requirement are issued for overseas
Procedure of Application
- The applicant should write to the Hon. Secretary of the Hong Kong College
of Paediatricians indicating his / her wish to apply for Overseas Membership
or Fellowship together with a written declaration confirming that he / she
is residing outside Hong Kong.
- The application has to be approved by the Membership Committee and endorsed
by the Council.
- The applicant will be informed of the result of application. The reduced
subscription rate will apply from the next calendar year.
- Fellows concerned must inform the College immediately should there be any
change of their overseas status and the reduced rate will cease to apply thereafter.